San Francisco, CA, September 7, 2011 — Maxthon (www.maxthon.com), a global software and web services company, has cast a wider net in its mission to empower users of Android tablets with Maxthon Mobile’s better browser. In this spirit of inclusion, Maxthon now invites Paul Krugman, columnist for the New York Times and winner of the 2008 Nobel Memorial Prize in Economics, to get the most out of his Samsung Galaxy Tablet by installing Maxthon Mobile.
In a recent blog posting, “Galaxy of Music (Personal Note),” Krugman mentions that the Galaxy is “isn’t so great for browsing.” The post is available at http://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/09/01/galaxy-of-music-personal-note/
“You don’t have to win a Nobel Prize to come to the same conclusion as Paul Krugman: the out-of-the-box browser that comes with most Android tablets doesn’t do the hardware justice. Fortunately an easy solution exists: Maxthon Mobile,” says Jeff Chen, CEO of Maxthon. “Paul, try Maxthon Mobile for Tablets for great browsing and watching videos on the web. “
Professor Krugman and other users can download Maxthon Mobile at https://dl.maxthon.com/mobile/Maxthon_for_Tablet_Android.apk
With the latest version of Maxthon Mobile users also get:
- Expanded, more powerful HTML5 support for an excellent video viewing experience.
- Flash On-Demand, which allows users to easily switch Flash on or off for faster page loads.
- An easy screen grab utility. Web Snapshot enables tablet users to grab and save part or an entire web page.
- Favorites Backup. Now Maxthon Mobile not only syncs your favorites to the cloud but also makes it easy to back them up on your device’s SD card.
- A smart Task Killer, which conveniently stops unnecessary background processes that consume memory, CPU power and bandwidth.
“Krugman’s blog underscores the necessity of having the right browser for your Android tablet or phone. Without Maxthon Mobile, the web is either incomplete or inaccessible,” says Karl Mattson, GM of Maxthon International/Chief of Product Development. “On that point even Senator Alan Simpson and Paul Krugman would agree.”
Headquartered in Beijing, Maxthon Ltd. is an innovative software company and developer of superior web browsers which continue to set new standards for simplicity, speed and security. Each month more than 130,000,000 people use Maxthon’s web browser in 120 countries across the world. Maxthon also brings its best-of-breed browsing to the Android platform for mobile devices and tablet computers. For more information about Maxthon please visit www.maxthon.com.
Download Maxthon Mobile for Android phones here:
Want to supercharge that desktop? Try Maxthon 3 for Windows PCs today.
Download Maxthon Mobile for 10″ Android tablets here: